Smooth, refreshing and easy to make, this cocktail is one you can enjoy all summer long! It pairs well with appetizers and tastes especially sweet when enjoyed with friends!
- 1 cup Prairie Organic Vodka
- 2 cups organic earl grey tea (3 tea bags)
- 1/2 cup ginger syrup ( 1 cup boiling water, 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 cup chopped, pealed, fresh ginger root)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 6 lemons ( juice of 4 lemons + 2 lemons cut up into lemon wheels in the drink)
- 1/2 cup ice
1. Start by making the fresh ginger syrup by combining the chopped ginger, sugar, and hot water to a blender. Blend until uniform. Strain with a fine-mesh strainer or through cheesecloth.
2. Add 3 tea bags to 2 cups boiling water and steep 2 minutes. Remove tea bags, cover, and chill.
3. Combine vodka, lemon juice, fresh ginger syrup, and tea in a pitcher or bowl to mix together. Add ice cubes to fill, mint leaves, and lemon wheels.
4. Pour into 2 glasses, garnish with more lemon if desired and enjoy!