Gingerbread banana bread combines whole-wheat pastry flour with mashed bananas, oats, molasses and gingerbread spices for a delicious hearty loaf!
For the bread:
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats + extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
for the maple glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, almond milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and molasses.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, oats, spices, salt and baking soda. Add mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix!
- Add to the greased loaf pan, sprinkle more oats on top, and bake for approximately 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool, slice and enjoy!
Keywords: banana bread; gingerbread banana loaf