These gluten and dairy free pumpkin cookies are the perfect taste of fall wrapped up into one cookie! They’re gluten free, dairy free, and delicious!
These pillowy pumpkin cookies are made with simple ingredients, and if I didn’t tell you that they were gluten and dairy free I sweat you wouldn’t know because of how delicious they are! I don’t have to avoid gluten and dairy myself, yet these are my go-to pumpkin cookies in the fall!
Extra soft, a little sweet, and packed with extra nutrition from the pumpkin puree, banana, and flax seeds. Most cookies contain little to no fiber, but when you add pumpkin you’re getting more fiber, vitamin A, C and potassium per bite!
These gluten and dairy free pumpkin cookies have a nice soft and moist texture. You can feel good knowing they’re made with without a ton of sugar, and that at majority of the sweetness is coming from the banana.
I knew this pumpkin recipe was a winner when I had someone who does not usually eat gluten or dairy free treats and they thought they were delicious too! Win! I’ve made them a couple of times now with both white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and a combination of both–you really can’t go wrong!
If this pumpkin recipe is giving you all the feels, I know you will love this one for gluten free pumpkin chickpea blondies, and this recipe gluten free pumpkin banana bread!
And if you’re like me and try to put pumpkin in as many things as possible all fall long, you’ve got to grab a copy of my Once Upon a Pumpkin Cookbook featuring 50+ recipes including gluten free pumpkin recipes, dairy free recipes and paleo pumpkin recipes.
To make these cookies you will need:
1 very ripe banana
Pumpkin pie spice
Dairy free white chocolate or dairy free chocolate chips
Soft, pillowy and full of pumpkin flavor, you will FALL in love with these cookies all season long! They are especially great with a cup of coffee on a chilly fall morning!
- 2 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 medium banana, very ripe
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds*
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- (2) 1/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil or baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix melted coconut oil and coconut sugar until combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the flax seeds and water. Let stand.
- Mash the banana until smooth. Add the pumpkin, flax mixture, and vanilla and combine.
- Sift flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt, add to larger bowl and mix together until just combined.
- Add white or chocolate chips, and use a cookie scoop to portion onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes, cool on wire rack, repeat with remaining dough and enjoy! Store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for longer.
*The flax seed egg is in place of a regular egg. You can substitute that for 1 egg if you do not wish to make this recipe dairy free.
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Once Upon a Pumpkin!
Pin these Gluten and Dairy Free Cookies for later!