Gluten-free blueberry banana oat muffins are made with gluten-free oats, ripe bananas, blueberries and are naturally sweetened with honey. They make for a delicious, on-the-go breakfast time muffin or snack.
This post was created in partnership with The Quaker Oats Company. As always, all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
I wanted to create an easy gluten-free recipe with gluten-free oats that works for a quick snack or addition to breakfast. Enter these gluten-free blueberry banana oat muffins that are made with simple ingredients that I’m betting are already in your pantry.
Oats are definitely a staple of mine and something I recommend everyone have a canister of in their pantry because they can be used in so many different ways. One common misconception is that people who follow a gluten-free diet can’t eat oats — the good news is you definitely can!
Let’s chat for a second about why people following a gluten-free diet need to buy a special type of oat.
Oats are naturally gluten free but may not be safe for people with gluten sensitivities or Celiac Disease because oats may come in contact with wheat, rye and barley at the farm, in storage, or during transportation.
Looking for specially marked packages of oats like Quaker Gluten-Free Quick 1-Minute Oats and Quaker Gluten Free Instant Oatmeal (look for specially marked packaging) is a great way to ensure you’re getting the gluten-free goodness of oats. With over 140 years of milling experience, Quaker’ team of experts developed a breakthrough cleaning system to sort and clean oats to ensure that Quaker Gluten Free Oats can be enjoyed and trusted by those leading a gluten free lifestyle.
Ingredients for Gluten-Free Blueberry Banana Oat Muffins:
Note: To keep the muffins gluten free, all ingredients must be gluten free.
- Quaker Gluten-Free Quick 1-Minute Oats
- ground flax seed
- unsweetened almond milk
- vanilla extract
Gluten-Free Blueberry Banana Oat Muffins
- ¾ cup banana mashed
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quaker Gluten-Free Quick 1-Minute Oats
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with lines.
- In a medium sized bowl mash the banana and add eggs, almond milk, honey and vanilla extract. Mix together until well combined.
- Add the oats, cinnamons, ground flax seed, and salt. Stir together and let sit for 3-4 minutes. Fold in the blueberries, reserving about 2 tbsp. for sprinkling on top.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion the batter into the muffin pan. Sprinkle 2-3 blueberries on top of each cup.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until each of the oat cups is set.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and enjoy! Store in the fridge for 3-4 days
more oat recipes you’re sure to love:
- honey oat blueberry banana bread
- peachy oat crisp
- birthday cake oatmeal pancakes
- almond butter & jelly overnight oats
pin this recipe for later!