Gluten free lemon banana bread is moist, and fluffy with hints of tartness thanks to lemon juice and lemon zest. Topped with a honey peanut butter mixture, it’s a springtime twist on gluten free banana bread that you’re sure to love.
I know we all did a lot of banana bread baking last year (pumpkin bread in my case!), but if you’re ready to make a version unlike any other, this lemon banana bread is for you! Super moist with an amazing fluffy texture thanks to a blend of almond and oat flour, you will love this loaf for springtime.
Lemon juice and lemon zest give it a not too overpowering hint of tart zing that just screams spring! I will put peanut butter on pretty much anything but it goes especially well on top of this banana bread. On top of the creamy peanut butter I added a drizzle of honey and swirled it together — just try not to get lost in those delicious swirls!
And if you’re not a part of my community on Instagram, I’d love to connect with you on there as well!
Ingredients for lemon banana bread
- oat flour — not all oat flours are gluten free so look for gluten free oat flour to ensure this recipe is gluten free. You can also make your own oat flour by adding oats to a high-speed blender or even food processor until a flour forms.
- blanched almond flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- very ripe banana
- whole milk yogurt (plain or vanilla works) — I used siggi’s yogurt. For a dairy-free version, you can substitute regular yogurt for dairy-free yogurt.
- vanilla extract
- creamy unsweetened peanut butter
equipment / utensils
Gluten Free Lemon Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup ripe banana mashed (about 3 small-medium sized bananas)
- 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt plain or vanilla works
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- for the honey peanut butter icing:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter slightly melted
- drizzle of honey
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray the bottom of a 9X5 loaf pan to prevent bread from sticking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon: set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand or stand mixer on low, mix together the yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, lemon zest and juice and vanilla until well combined. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined. It’s ok if a few streaks of flour remain, you don’t want to over mix it!
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. The loaf is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the loaf is cool, drizzle or spread the slightly melted peanut butter on top and drizzle the honey on top of the peanut butter. Use a toothpick to create swirls. Cut into slices and enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by my gluten free blood orange olive oil cake. Be sure to check out that loaf for more citrus deliciousness!
more bread recipes you’re sure to love
- honey oat blueberry banana bread
- cinnamon apple pumpkin bread
- almond flour pumpkin bread
- best healthy pumpkin zucchini bread
pin this recipe for later