This gluten free pumpkin banana bread is extra moist and fluffy and sweetened naturally with only bananas. It’s the best of both worlds with combination pumpkin bread and banana bread wrapped into one. Perfect in the fall and all year long!
I’m a big baked good person which is why I like to make healthier versions with added nutrition (and pumpkin!) in my own kitchen. I usually crave something like bread, muffins, or a blondie in the morning to have with my coffee. This gluten free pumpkin banana bread is naturally sweetened with added nutrition, and is perfect for satisfying that baked good craving in a healthy way!
This bread is sweetened naturally with only bananas (the coconut sugar is optional if you want it a little sweeter). It’s also packed with extra plant-based protein from the hemp seeds, and healthy omega-3 fats from the addition of flax seed and that’s not all! The pumpkin puree adds vitamin A, C and more fiber, (the flax and hemp seeds also give it more fiber!) making this not your average baked good!
The fiber will help to fill you up and promote healthy digestion (if you know what I mean), which is why I like having this bread as part of my breakfast with coffee! The texture is hearty but light, and the perfect flavor combination of pumpkin and banana.
This bread is made with almond and tapicoa flour, which I realize might not be in everyones pantry! I find they are great for gluten free baking and try to stock up especially when almond flour is on sale.
Are your bananas looking spotty? Use them to whip up healthy pumpkin banana bread no matter what time of year it is! And if this pumpkin banana combination is up your ally then I’m sure you will love these healthy pumpkin banana pancakes and these gluten free pumpkin blondies!Print
Lightly sweetened and extra moist from the pumpkin puree and banana, this gluten free and grain free pumpkin banana bread is perfect thing to have in the morning with coffee.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 medium-sized bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (optional; omit completely for a naturally sweetened version)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds*
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a medium loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flours, hemps seeds, flax seed, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and mashed bananas, pumpkin puree, vanilla and coconut oil until well combined.
- Slowly stir the dry mixture into the wet with a spatula until combined.**
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely in the loaf pan.
- Slice and enjoy! Store bread in the fridge for up to a week.
*these are optional but give the bread a heartier texture plus fiber and healthy fat.
The bread will not rise as much as bread made with regular flour will. The pieces will be smaller but still delicious! You can make this bread into muffins by portioning the batter into a muffin tin and baking at the same temperature for 16-18 minutes.
Keywords: pumpkin banana bread
Pin this gluten free pumpkin banana bread for later!