Lightly sweetened and extra moist from the pumpkin puree and banana, this gluten free and grain free pumpkin banana bread is perfect thing to have in the morning with coffee.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 medium-sized bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (optional; omit completely for a naturally sweetened version)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds*
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a medium loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flours, hemps seeds, flax seed, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and mashed bananas, pumpkin puree, vanilla and coconut oil until well combined.
- Slowly stir the dry mixture into the wet with a spatula until combined.**
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely in the loaf pan.
- Slice and enjoy! Store bread in the fridge for up to a week.
*these are optional but give the bread a heartier texture plus fiber and healthy fat.
The bread will not rise as much as bread made with regular flour will. The pieces will be smaller but still delicious! You can make this bread into muffins by portioning the batter into a muffin tin and baking at the same temperature for 16-18 minutes.
Keywords: pumpkin banana bread