If you’re weary about putting chickpeas in a dessert, these delicious gluten free pumpkin chickpea blondies will completely change your mind! Made with ingredients you have in your pantry right now, they are a healthy way to get your pumpkin fix year round!
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil for coating the pan
- 1/3 cup dairy free or regular milk or dark chocolate chips plus 2 tbsp. for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling on top once baked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips* and process until batter is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips or other mix-ins.*
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 27 minutes or until the edges look down and it batter looks wrinkly but not too overdone.
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares (trust me, you have to do this!)
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
*Feel free to get creative with what you mix into the batter–unsweetened coconut flakes, pecans, or cocoa nibs would be great too!
**You could stop at this point and would have some very delicious pumpkin cookie dough that is totally safe to eat!
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, chickpeas, pumpkin, low sugar