Pumpkin truffles with halloween sprinkles are a the perfect bite-sized pumpkin treat to enjoy all fall long! They are made gluten free with simple ingredients and sweetened naturally with honey.
This pumpkin truffle recipe is so easy to make and delicious! If you are a fan of Reese’s pumpkin-shaped peanut butter cups, I know you will love this copycat recipe that is gluten free, can be made dairy free and made with real pumpkin!
I do love the pumpkin shaped Reese’s this time of year, and in my opinion no homemade recipe is exactly the same, but if you’re looking for a treat that is similar and made with simple ingredients, these peanut butter truffles are definitely it!
Packed with pumpkin and pumpkin spice, and sweetened with honey, they’re not overly sweet, and make for the perfect treat if you want to satisfy your sweet tooth in a sensible way. The halloween sprinkles are totally optional, but do make for cute halloween truffles if you’re making these at the end of October!
Melted semi-sweet, dark or white chocolate is quite literally the icing on top each of these gluten-free truffles. If chocolate is not your thing or you just don’t feel like coating them, these truffles would also be delicious as is minus the chocolate.
These pumpkin truffles are also great to stash in your freezer to grab when you want a little treat.
Ingredients for Gluten Free Pumpkin Truffles
If you wanted to turn these into pumpkin pie truffles, you could mix 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs into the batter!
- pumpkin puree – I like Libby’s pumpkin puree or Whole Foods brand pumpkin puree!
- blanched almond flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- cloves — optional. If you have them, add a dash to this recipe to really up the pumpkin flavor.
- honey – I like using honey as much as I can in recipes because it’s 100% unprocessed!
- creamy unsweetened peanut butter or almond butter – I like using the Whole Foods Brand one.
- unflavored collagen (optional) I like this one from mindbodygreen!)
- semi-sweet, dark or white chocolate chips – dairy free if preferred.
- Halloween sprinkles (optional)
- cookie scoop
- mixing bowl
- parchment paper
Gluten Free Pumpkin Truffles
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree⠀
- 1/4 cup honey⠀
- 1/4 cup creamy almond or peanut butter
- 1 cup almond flour⠀
- 2 scoops collagen optional⠀
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice⠀
- 1/4 tsp cloves optional
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate (dark, semi-sweet or white)
- sprinkles optional
- In a small bowl combine the pumpkin puree, honey and almond or peanut butter. Mix until combined.
- Then add the almond flour, pumpkin spics, cloves and salt. Stir together until a dough forms.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion the dough into balls and refrigerate them for 10 minutes (this will make it easier to dip them in chocolate too.)
- Melt the chocolate in increments of 15 seconds in the microwave, stirring in between until melted. Dip the truffles in the chocolate, place on parchment paper and add sprinkles if desired. Store in the fridge and enjoy!
More Pumpkin Recipes You’re Sure to Love:
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Balls (GF & DF)
- Pumpkin Cookie Protein Balls (GF & DF)
- Pumpkin Brownie Cookie Bites (GF & DF)
- Pumpkin S’mores Cookies (GF & DF)
Pin this recipe for later!