Ripe bananas on your countertop?! Perfect time to make these healthy peanut butter banana cookies that are fluffy, delicious, and made with simple ingredients!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup bananas, mashed (roughly 2 medium to large ripe bananas)
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour**
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a bowl use a fork to mash your two ripe bananas.
- Add the peanut butter, egg, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil. Mix together
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the oat flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion cookies out onto the baking sheet and bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove, let cool, and enjoy!
*Make this recipe vegan by using a flax egg in place of an egg. To make a flax egg simply combine 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp. of water, mix and let stand for a few minutes before adding in with the wet ingredients.
**Make these cookies gluten-free by using gluten0free oat flour.
Keywords: healthy peanut butter banana cookies; peanut butter banana cookies;