Fall in love with these healthy pumpkin banana pancakes as you sip a cup of coffee and enjoy a slow morning. They’re easy to make and each bite will remind you of why you love fall so much!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 medium-sized banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus a little more if needed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree, mashed banana, almond milk, egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Batter will be thick (if it is way too thick to spread on a pan add in a tablespoon or two of milk).
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with coconut oil and heat over medium.
- After a minute or two, drop batter by 1/4-1/3 cup onto skillet (using a measuring cup works well).
- Cook until bubbles appear on top, about 2 minutes.
- Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes.
- Repeat with more oil and remaining batter. You may need to reduce heat to medium low on the pan to prevent burning especially with the 4th and 5th pancakes!
These pancakes would be great with pecans, dark, milk or white chocolate chips, even blueberries mixed into the batter!