This healthy pumpkin cake will wow you with how easy it is to make and how delicious it is! Made with simple ingredients, not a lot of sugar and gluten free.
For the cake:
- 1 + ⅓ cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup + 4 tbsp. gluten free oat flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs ⠀
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree ⠀
- ⅓ cup siggi’s 4% vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ⠀
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup siggi’s 4% vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- splash of vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper or grease.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the try and mix until just combined. Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Check to make sure a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking prepare the frosting by mixing all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Once the cake has baked, let cool and frost. Sprinkle extra pumpkin pie spice on top and enjoy! Store covered in the fridge.