These healthy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies will wow you! They are everything you want in a chocolate chip cookie and more with pumpkin too!
This recipe for pumpkin cookies is made with simple ingredients and can be made very easily in one bowl — you just mix everything together into your dough!
If you follow me on Instagram then you know that pumpkin season is year round for me! If there’s one pumpkin recipe you should be having year round, it’s this one! And maybe my better than starbucks pumpkin bread!
There is truly no wrong time for a classic chocolate chip cookie and my little pumpkin spin on them adds texture and nutrition to each bite! The flaky sea salt is like the exclamation point on these cookies and I highly recommend that you do not skip it.
In this recipe I used almond and coconut flour, which makes them gluten free. There is also no dairy in this cookie recipe. Be sure your chocolate chips are dairy free if you’re looking for this recipe to be strictly dairy free.
Cookies are one of my favorite things to bake. Maybe because most are fairly easy, or maybe because the end result is always so good?! I feel like I should add “love” to this ingredients list because I truly believe that everything you cook and bake needs to have a little bit of love put into it — the hard work and thoughtfulness that goes into making something always shines through in the final product. 🙂
Ingredients for Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- pumpkin Puree
- almond Flour
- coconut Flour
- coconut Sugar
- 1 egg
- almond butter (look for one that is unsweetened with no sugar added! My favorite is the one from Whole Foods and Target has a great one too! )
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- chocolate chips ( I recommend this brand! )
- flaky sea salt
- baking sheet
- cooking spray or a baking mat
Prepare to be amazed at how delicious and flavorful these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are! Made with simple ingredients and not a lot of sugar, I know you won’t be able to stop at just one batch!
1/2 cup drippy, unsweetened almond butter
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 tsp.vanilla extract
1/2 cup blanched almond flour
2/3 cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp. coconut flour
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips ( I love Lily’s Chips!)
sea salt (like Maldon for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and mix until combined. Your dough should be similar to classic cookie dough.
- Use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion dough on to baking sheet. Using the palm of your hand flatten the cookies ever so slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes and transfer cookies from pan to a cooling rack. Sprinkle coarse sea salt on top and enjoy!
Fall in Love With These Pumpkin Recipes Too
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pillowy Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Snowball Cookies
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pin this recipe for later!