There’s nothing better than a stack of pumpkin pancakes on a cozy fall morning! Wake up to this extra fluffy and protein packed stacked that is spiced to perfection with pumpkin and pumpkin spice.
- 1 cup white whole-wheat or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 NOW® Sports Pumpkin Seed Protein
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed*
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened oat or almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In another larger bowl whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Fold in white chocolate chips if desired.
- Grease a skillet or a griddle with butter or coconut oil. Use a 1/4 cup to portion out the batter. Once the edges start to bubble, flip the pancake and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with sliced banana, pecan pieces and an extra drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
*alternatively you can also add chia or hemp seeds for extra healthy fat and fiber.
Keywords: pumpkin pancakes; pumpkin protein pancakes