Pumpkin blueberry muffins will be your new favorite spin on a pumpkin muffin! Pumpkin spiced just right with blueberries in every bite, they’re fluffy and fun for fall or summer!
for the muffin batter:
- 2 cups + 1 tbsp. whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ¼ cup blueberries
For the crumb topping:
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Spray the liners with cooking spray to prevent muffins from sticking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil, milk, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl whisk the whole-wheat pastry flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir together with a wooden spoon, being careful not to over mix.
- Coat blueberries with 1 tbsp. of flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the batter and fold into mixture.
- Make the crumb topping by combining the flour, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and melted butter. Use your hands or a fork to mix until crumb pieces begin to form.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter among the muffin tins and sprinkle crumb topping over each one.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean with just a few crumbs attached to indicate doneness.
- Enjoy once cooled and store covered in the fridge for maximum freshness!
Keywords: pumpkin blueberry muffins; pumpkin muffins