Honey oat blueberry banana bread is made with simple ingredients and the goodness of oats. It’s a delicious snack that’s lightly sweetened, made with whole grains and is dairy free.
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour + 1 tbsp
- 1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats + extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, almond milk, eggs, vanilla extract, honey and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, flaxseed, salt and baking soda. Add mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- If using fresh blueberries, toss them with the additional 1 tbsp. of flour. Then fold in the blueberries and oats into the batter.
- Add to the greased loaf pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.