Lemon banana blender pancakes are fluffy, tart and delicious for breakfast on any occasion! Easy to make gluten and dairy-free, they’re made with simple ingredients that are sure to already be in your fridge and pantry.
Brighten up any morning with a batch of these bright and super fluffy lemon banana pancakes. Easy to make in less than 30 minutes from start to finish, you’ll love how fresh and tart they are! I think it’s safe to say most of us have lemons, oats, bananas, and some type of milk and yogurt on hand which is why these pancakes are so perfect for breakfast on the weekend.
Grating fresh lemon zest both into and on top of these lemon banana pancakes adds so much freshness that naturally gives you a little energy boost in the morning too! I just love the lemon banana combo — it turned out so well in these lemon banana chia muffins which inspired these pancakes.
Throwing all of the ingredients together in a blender saves you from getting multiple bowls dirty (just make sure you wash the blender before the batter hardens!) and gets you the perfect consistency for pancake batter. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this pancake recipe!
Ingredients for Lemon Banana Pancakes
- old-fashioned oats — use gluten-free oats if preferred.
- spotty bananas
- maple syrup — these pancakes are sweetened naturally with maple syrup, however they do get a lot of sweetness from the bananas so if you wanted to omit the maple syrup you definitely could!
- plain or vanilla yogurt — I recommend opting for yogurts that are lower in sugar and higher in protein. I used siggi’s 4% touch of honey flavor. To make these pancakes dairy-free use plant-based or coconut yogurt.
- lemons — you will need the zest and the juice! See below for my trick for getting more juice out of a lemon.
- oat milk — other non-dairy milk of your choice would also work.
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
equipment / utensils
- high-speed blender
- skillet or sauté pan
Tips for Making Lemon Banana Blender Pancakes
- Get out all of the ingredients before you start making them. I like to do this for every recipe no matter how easy or complicated it might be. It helps to make sure you don’t forget anything.
- Microwave the lemon to get more juice out of it. Check out this video for how to get more juice out of your lemons — it’s so easy!
- Don’t flip them until they bubble. You want to give your pancakes a chance to rise a bit before flipping them. Look for little bubbles around the edges before flipping. This will also prevent you from flipping too early!
- Don’t squish them down with the spatula once you’ve flipped them. You want your pancakes to have a little lift and bounce, so once you flip them, don’t squish them down with the spatula. I love how these can get really fluffy.
- Wash the blender immediately after cooking the pancakes. The oat flour will harden and it will be a lot harder to scrub the blender clean if you wait! Wash as much of the batter out as you can, then fill the blender up about halfway with water and a few drops of soap. Run it on high, and it practically cleans itself!
Lemon banana pancakes made from oats are a fresh and fun take on pancakes that you’ll want to make for many weekend mornings to come. They’re fluffy, fresh, and tart to wake you up deliciously!
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats⠀
- 2 eggs⠀
- 2 large spotty bananas⠀
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup whole-milk yogurt (or dairy-free/plant-based yogurt)
- 2 tbsp. oat milk or other milk of choice⠀
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons⠀
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract ⠀
- 1 tsp. cinnamon⠀
- 1 tsp. baking powder ⠀
- pinch of salt ⠀
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until a pancake batter consistency forms.
- Heat a skillet and coat with butter or oil to prevent pancakes from sticking. Use a 1/4 cup to portion out the pancake batter onto the skillet.
- Once the edges start to bubble, flip. Repeat with remaining pancake batter.
- Top with extra lemon zest, yogurt & banana slices and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey if desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: lemon banana pancakes; pancakes; lemon; banana; banana pancakes; blender pancakes; oat pancakes
More lemon recipes & banana recipes you’re sure to love
- Lemon Sugar Cookies (DF & GF)
- Lemon Banana Bread (GF)
- Lemony Asparagus Pasta (GF option)
- Banana Lemon Chia Muffins (DF & GF)
pin this recipe for later!