Chewy lemon almond flour sugar cookies are soft with a tart, bright taste thanks to fresh lemon juice and zest. Made with simple ingredients and not a lot of sugar, you can also make these cookies vegan!
- almond flour lemon cookies
- gluten free lemon sugar cookies
- soft lemon sugar cookies
The whole apartment smelled like fresh citrus while these cookies were baking thanks to the grated lemon zest infused into every bite. Made with just a few simple ingredients, you won’t believe how soft and chewy these healthy lemon cookies turn out to be!
Their bright and sunshiny vibes definitely makes me think of the spring, and are for sure helping to brighten up the grey of winter right about now.
Almond flour is the primary flour used in these soft lemon sugar cookies. I don’t recommend substituting the flours as nut flour are not a 1:1 substitute for grain based flours. Plus the hint of almond flavor from the almond flour really complements the lemon flavor so well.
lemon nutrition facts
Part of the citrus family, lemons are a good source of vitamin C and plant compounds that give them a number of health benefits. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps strengthen our immune system, something we could all use a little more of in the winter, no?!
Although drinking lemon water isn’t a miracle fat burner or weight loss tactic, I do like drinking hot lemon water as a way to stay hydrated, especially in the winter.
So many dishes benefits from the punchy, bright flavor gives to anything you squeeze it on. One of my favorites is definitely this chicken lemon rice soup!
gluten free lemon sugar cookies ingredients
Here’s everything you will need and as mentioned above, I don’t recommend substituting the flours as nut flours and grain flours are not a 1:1 equivalent.
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- fresh lemon
- lemon zest
- cane sugar
- egg – replace with an egg replacer for a vegan version
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
how to almond flour lemon cookies
Making these tart lemon sugar cookies is easy! All you need to do is whisk the ingredients together, let the dough cool and roll them into balls to bake. To original recipe called for mixing everything using a mixer, but I’ve retested and found that was not necessary.
To make these cookies vegan, replace the egg with an egg replacer like this one.
Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer mix together the melted coconut oil, sugar, egg, vanilla, and lemon juice for about 30 seconds until just combined.
- Next add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on low until the dough forms, and then fold the lemon zest in using a wooden spoon. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and use a cookie scoop to portion out the dough on to the baking sheet. Flatten the dough lightly with the palm of your hand and bake for approximately 9 minutes. Cool on a wire wrack and dust with extra lemon zest if desired!
more almond flour cookie recipe you’re sure to love
And if you love pumpkin like me, you must try my famous pumpkin chickpea blondies!
pin this recipe for later