You’ll love how delicious these healtheir lemon sugar cookies are and that they’re made with simple ingredients and not a lot of sugar!
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer mix together the melted coconut oil, sugar, egg, vanilla, and lemon juice for about 30 seconds until just combined.
- Next add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on low until the dough forms, and then fold the lemon zest in using a wooden spoon. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and use a cookie scoop to portion out the dough on to the baking sheet. Flatten the dough lightly with the palm of your hand and bake for approximately 9 minutes. Cool on a wire wrack and dust with extra lemon zest if desired!
* make these cookies vegan by combining one tablespoon of the powdered egg replacer with two tablespoons of water and let it sit for a minute to allow it to thicken before adding in with the rest of the ingredients.
Keywords: lemon sugar cookies