This Mediterranean chickpea salad is bursting with flavor and easy to put together. Put it in a wrap, add it to a pizza or simply eat it as is for a delicious and filling plant-based meal.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes, quartered
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, halved
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese*
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Add to a medium bowl and toss with tomatoes, cucumbers, artichokes, olives, red onion, avocado and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic power, salt and pepper. Whisk together and pour over salad so that all of it is covered. Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
*omit the cheese for a dairy free version.
Keywords: greek salad, mediterranean chickpea salad, chickpea salad