Mexican cauliflower rice is a great low carb, plant-based meal or side that will be your new favorite way to eat cauliflower rice!
- 1 head of cauliflower or 1 bag of riced cauliflower
- 1 can of low-sodium or no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed*
- 1 10 oz. can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 red, orange, or yellow pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup Mexican shredded cheese blend, or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a medium sauté pan added canned tomatoes, rinsed and drained black beans, pepper and jalapeños. Stir around to sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid on the pan, and add in riced cauliflower, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cheese and cilantro.
- Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until the cauliflower is softened, but not mushy and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and top with diced avocado, extra cilantro and enjoy!
* don’t skip the rinsing! This will ensure the liquid from the canned black beans won’t make your cauliflower soggy.