Thanksgiving dessert. I say you either love making it from scratch or you prefer buying something pre-made at the store and calling it a day. Me? I sometimes like a little bit of both which is where these mini pumpkin spice latte pie bites come in. They’re great in terms of portion size considering there will probably be many other desserts decorating your holiday table and the part that you do have to make is simple.
Not only do they look super cute on the table but the addition of the espresso to the pumpkin pie batter gives it a hint of that pumpkin spice latte taste! I showed this dessert last year on The Jam during a segment highlighting healthy pumpkin treats for Thanksgiving because compared to a full piece of pumpkin pie, these bites come in at less than half the calories.
I’m a big fan of my classic pumpkin swirl cheesecake (recipe available in the Once Upon a Pumpkin Cookbook!) as a Thanksgiving dessert, but not everyone is a cheesecake fan, which is why having something like these mini pumpkin pies helps to satisfy everyones ideal dessert craving. Get creative with topping or stick to the original fall flavors of pecans and pumpkin seeds like I did here! A little dollop of whipped cream would also make for the perfect topping to this mini pumpkin spice latte pie bites.
- 1 package store-bought mini pie shells*
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. espresso
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin spice coffee creamer or half & half
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pecan pieces or pumpkin seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, egg, espresso, and creamer. Mix well.
- In the meantime, add mini pie crusts to a muffin tin coated in coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp. of the filling into each of the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle pecan pieces and or pumpkin on top and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
If you can’t find mini pie shells, use a regular pie crust and cut out mini circles. Add filling and gently fold the corners up so they resemble mini cups.
Pin these Mini Pumpkin Spice Latte Pie Bites for later!