Orange spiced chocolate chip cookies are a bright take on a chocolate chip cookie infused with orange zest and chocolate chip cookies! Made gluten and dairy free with almond flour, these cookies make for a healthier and delicious treat.
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup dairy-free or regular semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- zest of 1 orange
- flaky sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer add the sugar and coconut oil and beat on low until combined. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt, mix on low until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chip cookies and zest of the orange. Use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter. Use your palm to slightly flatten down the cookies. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, and a little extra orange zest on top and bake for 12 minutes until the edges are a little bit golden brown.
Store the cookies in an airtight container (I like storing cookies in my stasher bag) for 3-4 days.