Delicata squash rings roasted and crusted with parmesan cheese make for a delicious appetizer or side dish! Perfect dipped in marinara or pizza sauce, you’ll love how easy they are to make.
- 1 medium delicata squash
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese + more if needed
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasonings
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl whisk an egg.
- In another small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes if adding.
- Wash and dry the delicata squash. Use a knife to cut 1/2-inch rings. Use a spoon to scoop the string insides and seeds out. Discard.
- Dip each ring into the egg and then into the cheese mixture. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining delicata rings.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until the cheese on the rings appears melted and crispy. Then broil (careful not to burn) for an additional two minutes to get crispy.
- Remove from oven, let cool, dip in marinara sauce and enjoy!