This peachy oat crisp is the perfect thing to make with in season peaches and oats! It’s made with simple ingredients and embodies the flavors of summer that we love!
This post was sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company. All opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
Nothing tastes quite as good as a fresh, in-season peach in the middle of summer, don’t you think?! When you bite into one you suddenly remember all the things you love about summer and look forward to every year.
A crumbly, crisp is such a quintessential summer recipe which is why I decided to put my spin on it for a version with Quaker oats, simple ingredients and not a lot of sugar. The peaches add natural sweetness and the flavors come together to be the perfect treat!
Peachy Oat Crisp Ingredients
- whole wheat or gluten free flour
- Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- coconut sugar
- arrowroot or cornstarch
- butter, melted
- vanilla extract
Benefits of Oats
Oats have a relatively unique nutrition profile compared to other whole grains. Here are some benefits of oats — all the more reason to include them in your diet in a variety of ways!
The oats used in each variety of Quaker Oats – Instant, Quick, Old Fashioned and Steel Cut – are 100% whole grain, and ounce per ounce, they provide similar amounts of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Good source of fiber:
A ½ cup of oats are a good source of fiber. Dietary fiber is a shortfall nutrient, which means most people aren’t getting the recommended amount. Adding oats to your diet in different ways is definitely one of the ways you can get more fiber in your day.
Oats are highly versatile, offering countless possibilities to get more taste and nutrition out of what we eat each day. I absolutely love cooking and baking with oats because they add so much texture to anything that you add them to! Over the past year I’ve really enjoyed exploring the savory side of oats in things like chilis, and savory oatmeal bowls.
Read more about oats and how to use them in this post on 5 unique ways to enjoy oats and their benefits.
Peachy Oat Crisp
- 2 cups peaches sliced
- 3/4 cup whole wheat or gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add melted butter and stir together until crumbly.
- Wash and slice peaches. Toss with arrowroot powder or cornstarch.
- Add peaches to the bottom of a 9” round baking dish. Add crumble on top until most of the peaches are covered but not all. Add a few peach slices on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until slightly golden brown on top and enjoy!