Pepper pizza poppers are pizza bites made in a pepper topped with mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, olives, basil and oregano. They bake in the oven for a snack that tastes like pizza with more nutrition in every bite!
Let’s be real. There’s no replacing good old fashioned (Chicago style!) pizza, but for when the mood strikes and you’re in the mood for something just as delicious with more nutrition, these pizza pepper poppers are it!
Simply made on the halves of ONE SWEET® SEEDLESS Peppers from SUNSET® for an extra crunchy sweetness, they’re not only great for a recipe like this, but totally snackable on their own for a very special reason — they’re seedless!
That’s right, no mess getting all of the little pepper seeds out because these peppers are completely seedless, which means you can take a bite right out of one if you wanted to.
I love how crunchy and sweet they are and how easy they are to eat right out of the fridge dipped in hummus or guacamole. Peppers are always on my grocery list because of how versatile they are for snacking, stir frys, sauces and more!
Since these ONE SWEET® SEEDLESS Peppers have no seeds, it was super easy to cut them in half, top them with cheese, garlic powder and oregano plus turkey pepperoni and bake them right up in just 10 minutes.
I think these pizza poppers made in pepper slices would be such a fun appetizer, fun cut up on a salad, or even a conversation piece on a charcuterie board!
As a dietitian I strive to empower others to make healthy eating fun and to infuse flavor and enjoyment into what they eat on a daily basis. That’s one of the many reasons I enjoy partnering with SUNSET® because those same values are infused into their mission and showcased in the amazing produce they grow!
Let’s get this pepper pizza party going, shall we?!
Ingredients for Pizza Pepper Poppers
- ONE SWEET® SEEDLESS Peppers
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Turkey pepperoni
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Kalamata olives
- Fresh basil
- Red pepper flakes
Pepper Pizza Poppers
- 1 bag ONE SWEET® SEEDLESS Peppers
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup turkey pepperoni sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives halved
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Remove the stems and cut each pepper down the middle lengthwise.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle each pepper half with mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and oregano. Add about two pieces of turkey pepperoni to each pepper.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and top with sliced Kalamata olives, extra red pepper flakes if desired, and fresh basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This post was created in partnership with SUNSET®. As always all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
More recipes with SUNSET® produce you’re sure to love:
- Roasted chickpea and tomato salad
- Tomato peach pasta salad
- Twisted taco salad
- Salad stuffed Aloha peppers
- Greek baked feta pasta
Pin this recipe for later!