These pillowy paleo pumpkin cookies with dairy free pumpkin cream cheese frosting are little bites of delicious fall flavor you are sure to fall in love with this season!
For the cookie dough:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
For the frosting:
Please refer to this dairy free pumpkin cream cheese recipe! Or for a version that uses cream cheese see below:
- 4 tbsp. grass-fed butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together almond and coconut flour plus pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another small bowl whisk the egg with the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or roughly 2 tbsp scoop to scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Use the back of a glass or mug to gently press the cookie dough down a little bit.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes, let cool and frost if desired. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
To make the frosting:
- Place softened butter (very important that it’s soft!), cream cheese and vanilla in a medium bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer).
- Beat until well combined. Add powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice and continue to beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Spread frosting on cooled cookies and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice