This pumpkin apple baked oatmeal is a warm and cozy breakfast that is perfect all fall long! Make it ahead of time and enjoy slices all week with nut butter on top!
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground or fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg lightly beaten*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple, pealed and diced + 1/2 apple thinly sliced on top
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9” baking pan, set aside.
- In a small whisk together the oats, flax seed, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, almond milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until completely combined. Let sit for about 3-4 for the oats to absorb some of the liquid. Fold in the pealed diced apples
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Slice the remaining apple into very thin slices and arrange like a fan on top of the oatmeal, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is set and slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Drizzle with almond butter and top with extra low sugar granola, or pecans if desired!
Store baked oatmeal in the fridge in a covered container for up to a week. The cold pieces taste great too!
Keywords: pumpkin apple baked oatmeal; baked oatmeal; pumpkin baked oatmeal; apple baked oatmeal