A slice of this pumpkin apple baked oatmeal will instantly put you in a happy fall loving mood! I’ve always thought of a bowl of oatmeal as a hug and this baked oatmeal with all the fall spices is no different!
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground or fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg lightly beaten*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup diced apples + 1/2 apple thinly sliced as the topping
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9” baking pan, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the oats, flax seed, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, egg and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla and stir until completely combined. Add in the apples and mix together one more time.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Slice the remaining apple into very thin slices and arrange on top of the oatmeal along with the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the stop is set and slightly browned. Remove from oven and let the oatmeal cool to room temperature.
- Drizzle with almond butter and top with extra low sugar granola if desired!
- Store in the fridge for up to a week — the cold pieces taste great too!
- * you can use gluten free oats here as well.
- ** for a vegan substitution use 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed or chia seeds with 2 ½ tbsp. warm water.