Pumpkin apple oat bars are made with chewy oats and warm spices for a treat that will leave your whole house smelling just as delicious as these bars taste!
This post was sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company. All opinions are my own and I appreciate your support.
These are great bars to bake up when you find yourself wanting something warm and delicious, in the fall or winter time.
Pumpkin and apple are definitely my two favorite flavor combinations year round — they just go together SO well. These bars remind me of an apple cake my mom makes that’s just incredible. They are my pumpkin spin on a family recipe we’ve enjoyed for years.
Ready in just 45 minutes, these oat bars will fill your entire house with the most delicious smell of while they bake! When you sauté the apples for this recipe you will essentially be making pumpkin butter that they are sautéing in. Apples mixed with pumpkin puree, maple syrup and warm spices come together for the filling that is topped with oat clusters that add great texture.
I always have a canister of Quaker Oats in my pantry and like thinking of different ways I can use them during breakfast time and when baking. Oat flour is also one of my favorite swaps for all-purpose flour. I feel good knowing I’m adding more whole grains to my baked goods by using oats and oat flour!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Apple Oat Bars:
- Quaker Oat Flour
- Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Honey crisp apples
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Maple syrup
- Corn starch or arrowroot powder
- Vanilla extract
Equipment / utensils:
- 8X8 baking tin
- Parchment paper
- Sauté pan
- Mixing bowls
Pumpkin Apple Oat Bars
- 1 1/2 cup Quaker Oat Flour
- 1 cup Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 7 tbsp. butter, melted
For the Apple Filling:
- 1/2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 medium Honeycrisp apples peeled and sliced into about 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the oat flour, oats, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together and add melted butter. Use a fork to combine it into clumps.
- Wash and peel your apples. Cut into slices and add to a sauté pan along with the maple syrup, melted butter, pumpkin puree, cornstarch, pumpkin spice and vanilla extract.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes until the apples are tender and the mixture has thickened.
- Use about ¾ of the oat dough mixture to make the base of the bars.Press the dough into the pan forming a crust. Pour the apple mixture on top and use the remaining dough to sprinkle as a topping on top. Adding pumpkin seeds if desired.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool and cut. Enjoy!
More Oat Recipes You’re Sure to Love