Homemade pumpkin butter is the perfect spread to complement crackers, cheeses and more this holiday season. Filled with notes of cinnamon, lemon and ginger, it’s easy to make and a great way to use a can of pumpkin puree!
- 1 15 oz. can LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- n a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and whisk together until combined. Simmer uncovered over low heat until thickened (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat, let cool and store in the fridge for maximum freshness.
Keywords: pumpkin butter; homemade pumpkin butter