Pumpkin cacio e pepe is simple, delicious and tastes like all of the things you love about fall! Please enjoy my favorite comfort food of all time!
- 1 box bowtie pasta (you can definitely substitute a different type of pasta you have on hand)
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper, plus extra for topping
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- parmesan shavings or more grated parmesan cheese and pepper for topping
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Once the pasta has cooked, reserve 1 cup of the water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet and add the oil and half of the butter. Once the butter melts, stir in the garlic with a pinch of salt and all of the pepper. Toast for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the reserved pasta water. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the pumpkin pie spice and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add in the pasta and toss it together. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the parmesan and pecorino.
- Toss until the cheese is melted and becomes somewhat of a sauce with the water and the pasta. If needed, you can add in more water to thin out the sauce.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese and extra freshly cracked black pepper.
Keywords: pumpkin cacio e pepe