Pumpkin cheesecake bars with streusel topping are like a cross between pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin pie that you will love! Easier to make than an entire cheesecake, they’re perfect as a fun treat in the fall or Thanksgiving dessert!
for the crust:
- 6 sheets of cinnamon graham cracker crumbs or 2 cups of cinnamon cookies
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
for the bars:
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened**
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
for the streusel topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened not melted
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper (leave an overhang to be able to pull out these bars easily) and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the graham crackers or cookies, along with the butter. Pulse until a super fine consistency appears. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 8 minutes, remove, and cool.
- In another bowl, combine the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Beat with hand mixers until completely smooth and creamy. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing between each one.
- Pour half of the mixture on top of the crust.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to the remaining cheesecake mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Pour the pumpkin layer on top of the first layer. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir together the brown sugar, flour, oats, and pumpkin pie spice. Cut the butter into small cubes. Add in the butter and mix together with a folk to get that “crumble” texture. Sprinkle this streusel topping evenly over the pumpkin cheesecake layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let the bars cool in the oven for about an hour. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours more before cutting. Enjoy!
** It’s super important you soften your cream cheese before using. If it’s still hard you will not get that smooth cheesecake consistency.
Keywords: pumpkin cheesecake bars; pumpkin cheesecake bars with streusel topping