Pumpkin cookie dough nice cream, is ice cream made with bananas. This pumpkin treat is gluten and dairy free and packs the taste of fall in every bite!
Depending on where you live in the country, your start to fall might actually be super warm not fall like at all. These days pumpkin season starts way before the actual first day of fall, which is why pumpkin cookie dough nice cream is the perfect warm weather pumpkin treat!
I have nothing against enjoying real pumpkin ice cream, but this “nice” version is a good stand in when you’re looking for a naturally sweetened treat that packs nutrition too!
Pumpkin and bananas are both a great source of potassium. The pumpkin cookie dough chunks in this nice cream are made from garbanzo beans. Yes, you read that right! Garbanzo beans are high in fiber, just like pumpkin, so you can feel good knowing this is a treat with nutritional benefits too!
As a pumpkin loving dietitian, I’m always trying to make treats that contain a little less sugar and a little more nutrition than their regular counterpart. I definitely have a sweet tooth for all things pumpkin, and this nice cream satisfies it!
What is Pumpkin Nice Cream?
Nice cream is ice cream that is made from frozen bananas instead of milk and sugar. The frozen bananas resembles the texture of consistency, and when you blend them in a high-speed blender they turn extra thick and creamy like ice cream.
The addition of pumpkin puree makes it even thicker and creamier and of course, gives it that nice pumpkin taste that we all love!
Ingredients you will need for this pumpkin cookie dough nice cream:
- frozen bananas
- pumpkin puree
- garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas)
- coconut flour
- almond flour
- peanut butter
- maple syrup
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
Enjoy this scoopable pumpkin treat when the weathers still warm, but you’re craving something pumpkin! This pumpkin nice cream is sweetened naturally, and the thick pumpkin cookie dough pieces are my favorite part!
- 3 ripe bananas, frozen
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pumpkin cookie dough balls
- Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and let thaw for 5 minutes.
- Add them to a vitamix, or any other high-speed blender with the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
- Blend on the highest speed until the bananas start to bread apart and mix with the pumpkin puree. The mixture will start to turn orange and resemble the consistency of ice cream.
- Scoop out of the blender and into a large bowl.
- With your hands, break up 4-5 pumpkin cookie dough balls into little pieces and mix the pieces into the nice cream. Add extra chocolate chips if you desire.
- Transfer the nice cream into a loaf pan, evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours at least.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out scoops just like you would regular ice cream!
Mini Pumpkin Cookie Dough Nice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Turn this recipe into mini nice cream cookie sandwiches using Simple Mills Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies!
These cookies from Simple Mills are are smartly sweetened with unrefined sugar and made with simple ingredients, and nothing artificial ever. I’m equally as obsessed with their gluten free pumpkin muffin mix and their almond flour crackers!
Simply add 2 tbsp. of the pumpkin cookie dough nice cream to one cookie and top with a second cookie, sandwiching together gently. Top with more chocolate chips and enjoy!
Other Pumpkin Recipes You Will Love:
Also be sure to check out my pumpkin cookbook with over 50 sweet and savory ways to use this orange vegetable!
Pumpkin Decor I Love for Fall 2019:
Pin this recipe for later!