This post was sponsored by Alouette Cheese but all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
Light fluffy crepes with the savory-sweet taste of pumpkin infused with the creamy taste of pumpkin spice cheese! You’ll love this easy to make and fun weekend brunch recipe that is perfect for the holiday season.
Can you bottle the taste of a cozy winter breakfast? I think I just might have with this delicious pumpkin crepe recipe filled with pumpkin spice soft spreadable cheese! If you like really, really, thin pancakes, then I know you will like this seasonal spin I put on crepes by adding pumpkin directly into the batter and infusing them with pumpkin spice cheese. You can get as creative as you’d like when it comes to topping them too! I topped mine with cranberries, banana slices, pumpkin seeds, a little drizzle of melted chocolate and a dusting of powdered sugar “snow”.
These pumpkin crepes with Alouette pumpkin spice cheese make the perfect weekend breakfast. To me, breakfast on a Saturday or Sunday is the perfect time to take things a little bit slower, really enjoy that cup of coffee, and make something extra special and delicious. Time like this is important all year long, but especially important this time of year when weekends can quickly fill up with holiday activities and it can feel like we barely have a moment for ourselves.
Alouette cheese can go way beyond the charcuterie board as an ingredient in recipes this holiday season that adds a smooth and creamy texture with a fresh pure taste. Their cheese is also made with rBST free milk and no antibiotics. Not everyone does it, but Alouette perfected the flavor of pumpkin overall too!
The taste of pumpkin spice in the Alouette cheese complements the tart yet savory taste of the crepes. I also love this cheese simply paired with crackers as a fun party snack. Entertaining this time of year? Be sure to check out the other flavors of Alouette cheese that are unexpected yet approachable to pair with anything you are cooking and baking up. Garlic & herb was a instant hit at my Thanksgiving this year!
There’s a million things you could put into crepes both sweet and savory, but it shouldn’t surprise you that I think “pumpkin style” is the way to go. Grab this crepe pan to help achieve a perfectly shaped and thin crepe. It also makes a great gift for the foodie in your family who is always trying new recipes! For another pumpkin recipe perfect for the holidays, be sure to check out this one for pumpkin snowball cookies!
Wake up to the taste of light and fluffy pumpkin crepes on a crisp winter morning! This easy to make blender recipe is complemented perfectly with more pumpkin with this pumpkin spice spreadable cream cheese.
For the crepes:
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup pumpkin purée
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. almond milk
1 tbps. water
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
sprinkle of nutmeg
tiny dash of salt
8 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. coconut for greasing the pan
For the pumpkin spice cheese filling:
1 container Alouette Pumpkin Spice soft spreadable cheese
Optional toppings: Banana slices, melted chocolate, cranberries, pumpkin seeds
- Combine all of the crepe ingredients in a blender, except the flour, together. Mix and add in the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, blending just until the flour has been mixed in. Chill the crepe batter for 30 minutes in the fridge.
2. Grease a crepe pan or non-stick pan with coconut oil and heat over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 c of batter into the pan and tip and tilt pan so that the batter spreads out really thin.
3. Cook each side of the crepe for 30 seconds before loosening up the edges with a spatula, and then flipping gently with help from the spatula. Repeat with remaining crepe batter.
- Remove Alouette cheese from fridge and place in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften.
- Using a butter knife or small spatula, spread a thin layer of cheese over a crepe. Fold in half twice for triangle shapes.
- Repeat with remaining crepes. Top with banana slices, melted chocolate, cranberries and pumpkin seeds if desired.