Wake up to the taste of light and fluffy pumpkin crepes on a crisp winter morning! This easy to make blender recipe is complemented perfectly with more pumpkin with this pumpkin spice spreadable cream cheese.
For the crepes:
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup pumpkin purée
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. almond milk
1 tbps. water
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
sprinkle of nutmeg
tiny dash of salt
8 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. coconut for greasing the pan
For the pumpkin spice cheese filling:
1 container Alouette Pumpkin Spice soft spreadable cheese
Optional toppings: Banana slices, melted chocolate, cranberries, pumpkin seeds
- Combine all of the crepe ingredients in a blender, except the flour, together. Mix and add in the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, blending just until the flour has been mixed in. Chill the crepe batter for 30 minutes in the fridge.
2. Grease a crepe pan or non-stick pan with coconut oil and heat over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 c of batter into the pan and tip and tilt pan so that the batter spreads out really thin.
3. Cook each side of the crepe for 30 seconds before loosening up the edges with a spatula, and then flipping gently with help from the spatula. Repeat with remaining crepe batter.
- Remove Alouette cheese from fridge and place in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften.
- Using a butter knife or small spatula, spread a thin layer of cheese over a crepe. Fold in half twice for triangle shapes.
- Repeat with remaining crepes. Top with banana slices, melted chocolate, cranberries and pumpkin seeds if desired.