When there’s a chill in the air on a cozy fall night you need a big bowl of this pumpkin curry with cauliflower and chickpeas! It will warm you up and fill up with with plant-based protein and lots of veggies!
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium shallot (minced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 3 tbsp red Thai curry paste*
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower, riced**
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cashews
- few sprigs of cilantro
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add coconut oil, shallot, ginger, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add peppers and curry paste and stir. Cook for 2 minutes more. Then add pumpkin, and chickpeas. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup, turmeric, sea salt, and coconut aminos and stir. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Then add the riced cauliflower.
- Reduce heat to low, and cover.
- Cook for 10-15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve as is or over rice, or quinoa. Top with cashews and cilantro if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
*feel free to add more curry paste for a more intense flavor.
**to rice a head of cauliflower add cut up cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse until riced.
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, one pot, pumpkin curry, how to make pumpkin curry