Wake up with these hearty and delicious pumpkin overnight oats! Creamy and spiced just right they “cook” overnight in your fridge just in time for you to wake up to a great breakfast.
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
optional toppings: banana slices, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pumpkin seeds, pecans, walnuts, slivered almonds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, dried cranberries, mini chocolate chips, peanut butter, almond butter
1. In a medium bowl, mix the oats, almond milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and flax seeds together until well combined. (add a little more almond milk if you feel like the oats are not coated in enough milk at that point)
2. Separate into two jars or small bowls, cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. In the morning top with your choices of toppings–I highly recommend banana slices, pumpkin seeds, pecans and a little drizzle of peanut or almond butter!