Pumpkin gingerbread loaf is moist, delicious and spiced to perfection with molasses, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Topped with delicious cream cheese frosting, you’ll love a slice this time of year!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 tbsp. oat milk or other non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
for the cream cheese frosting:
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened*
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened not melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together the coconut oil and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next beat in the eggs one at a time until fully combined. Add the oat milk, molasses and vanilla and continue beating until combined and smooth.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, all of the spices, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Don’t over mix!
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. Check the loaf after 50 minutes by inserting a toothpick to see if it comes out clean,
- Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the bread is baking, make the cream cheese frosting by using a mixer to mix together softened cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt until light and fluffy. Use a spatula to spread it on top of the loaf and enjoy!
*One way to soften cream cheese and butter is to place them near your oven while it’s preheating.
Keywords: pumpkin gingerbread loaf