Made with delicious and nutritious ingredients you’ll want to start every week with a warm batch of these pumpkin morning glory muffins!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup*
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture with a paper towel (really squeeze!)
- 1 large apple (I originally used a honey crisp) washed and cut into thin strips, and then diced (to still get little apple pieces)
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, pealed and grated
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds (pepitas) for sprinkling on top
- optional mix-ins: walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line it with papers and spray the insides of the papers.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, zucchini, apples, ginger, and vanilla until combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined — don’t over mix!
5. Use an ice cream scoop or a small measuring cup to scoop batter into muffin tins. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top.
6. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Remove from oven, use a knife to loosen them from the muffin pan if needed. Let cool and enjoy!
7. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
* Can substitute coconut sugar or brown sugar if needed.