Make your furry friend these pumpkin peanut butter dog treats that are packed with ingredients dogs love! Pumpkin is a superfood for dogs!
My dog Pumpkin was the official taste tester for these pumpkin peanut butter dog treats and if his expression a pounce of pure joy was any indication of how much he liked them, I just know your dog will love them too!
Is Pumpkin Good For Dogs?
Yes! Maybe you’ve noticed that a lot of dog food and treats include pumpkin, and that’s not by accident! Pumpkin puree is great for dogs, and can help with digestive regularity for your pooch and help them quickly if they are experiencing constipation or diarrhea.
Depending on the size of your dog, 2 tsp to 1 tbsp is a safe amount to give them to help with tummy troubles. It can be the same pumpkin puree in a can that you would eat too.
My dog Pumpkin, absolutely loves pumpkin puree, and at times when he does not want to eat his food I put a little spoonful of pumpkin puree on top and he eats it right up.
Here is the pan I used to get these dog treats to look like bones! I was so excited when I saw it at Target!
All of the ingredients in this recipe are dog friendly and probably things that you already have in your pantry. I have to admit that even I tried a bite and they are good for humans too!
If you’re a human that loves pumpkin as much as I do be sure to check out these recipes too while you are here. For more pumpkin dog treat recipes and human pumpkin recipes that you’ll love you can also check out my pumpkin cookbook!
- Gluten free pumpkin chickpea blondies
- Copy cat Starbucks pumpkin bread
- Gluten and dairy free pumpkin cookies
Your pup will love these pumpkin peanut butter dog treats that are easy to make all year round! Pumpkin is a superfood for dogs and helps with their digestion.
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1/4 + 2 tbsp. low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. cinnanmon
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray your dog treat pan with coconut oil or cooking spray to prevent treats from sticking.
2. Combine oat flour, peanut butter, pumpkin and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add stock and stir until well-combined. The dough will be thick, and you can add a tablespoon of stock to it if needed.
3. I scooped up about 1 tablespoon of dough, which was just enough to fit in each treat mold. Repeat until all molds of the treat mold are filled.
4. Bake for 18 minutes, remove from oven and let cool. For maximum freshness store these in an airtight container or in the fridge. I give my small dog half of one treat at a time!
* You can definitely use store bought oat flour, or process oats in your food processor until they are a very fine texture to get oat flour!
Pin these pumpkin dog treats for later!