Pumpkin peanut butter stuffed dates are a fun no-bake snack made with pitted dates, pumpkin puree, peanut butter and pumpkin spice.
I’ve seen many different variations of stuffed date recipes online and never really got the hype. I like dates just fine but I didn’t really get the point of putting something in the inside and topping them with chocolate, etc. until I made these!
I wanted to put my own pumpkin spin on stuffed dates so I got to work thinking of how I could possibly incorporate some pumpkin and pumpkin spice. Combining my love of pumpkin and peanut butter (and chocolate) I got to work and made these pumpkin peanut butter stuffed dates!
Date bites stuffed with a pumpkin peanut butter mixture topped with chocolate, sea salt and pumpkin spice are the snack you didn’t know you needed.
Although I wouldn’t say they’re an exact replacement for a piece of candy, they would be a healthier sweet treat if you’re looking for one around Halloween time or anytime you want something sweet, and salty with a hint of that fall flavor we love.
These pumpkin stuffed dates are a good source of fiber thanks to dates and pumpkin puree and a little bit of protein from the peanut butter — perfect after lunch when you need a little something sweet!
Nutrition Benefits of Dates
Dates are packed with antioxidants, fiber, potassium B vitamins and iron. They’re a natural source of sugar, but have a lower glycemic index than other sweeteners due to their fiber content which helps prevent blood sugar levels from spiking too high after eating.
Using dates is a great way to sweeten things like smoothies and baked goods to get the added nutrition benefits and natural sweetness. One of my favorite recipes that uses dates is this pumpkin sticky date cake for fall!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- pitted Medjool dates
- creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- pumpkin puree — I use Libby’s in all of my pumpkin recipes.
- chocolate chips — I use Lily’s in most all of my recipes. Use milk or dark chocolate chips.
- pumpkin pie spice
- flakey salt
- small bowls
How to Make Pumpkin Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
Making this fun snack/treat recipe couldn’t be easier.
Start by cutting the date in half or just use your fingers to pull apart the two halves. Next, stir pumpkin puree into your peanut butter (it will be thick) and add about two teaspoons to the inside of one half of the date. Repeat with all of the remaining mixture.
Melt your chocolate in increments of 15 seconds in the microwave until it’s smooth and drizzle over each date.
Sprinkle flakey sea salt and pumpkin spice all over each date and refrigerate for 10-20 minutes until the chocolate hardens. Enjoy and store in a resealable container in the fridge or freezer for maximum freshness.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips melted
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Start by splitting the dates in half using a butter knife or your fingers.
- Stir the pumpkin puree into the peanut butter and add about 1/2 tbsp. to each half of the date. Repeat until they are all stuffed with the pumpkin peanut butter.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl in increments of 15 seconds, stirring until completely melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of each date, then sprinkle with flaky sea salt and pumpkin spice.
- Refrigerate for about 10-20 minutes until the chocolate hardens and enjoy!
More Pumpkin Recipes You’re Sure To Love:
- Better than Starbucks Pumpkin Bread (GF & DF)
- Pumpkin Protein Cookie Balls (GF & DF)
- Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies (GF & DF)
- Pumpkin Flax Overnight Oats(GF & DF)
pin this recipe for later