Paleo pumpkin pie bars with shortbread crust are a delicious and easy treat to make all fall long! Each bar is like a bite-sized slice of pumpkin pie made with simple, nutrient dense ingredients!
These little bite-sized pieces of pumpkin pie are a fun and flavorful dessert to make for any occasion this fall! The shortbread crust is a twist on a classic pumpkin pie that you will love!
I truly cannot believe it’s October, and while I’ve been doing all things pumpkin on Instagram since August, it finally feels like fall here in Chicago, which makes me so happy! There are more leaves on the ground, and fall foliage around the city wherever you turn! Fall in Chicago is a magical time and I think its’ the best time to visit if you’re planning a trip!
You know how lunch dessert is a thing? Well these pumpkin pie bars are the perfect little after lunch treat in the fall that will hit the spot for something sweet in a healthy way. I’m a big fan of having one with my second cup of coffee in the afternoon!
Save this recipe for Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving if you’re looking to bring something healthier to the table that does not skimp on flavor, taste or texture!
I made these bars in an 8X8 square baking dish and sprayed the bottom with cooking spray so that the bars would come out easily. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easily removal from the pan.
Ingredients for Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars
- pumpkin puree
- almond flour
- coconut oil
- full fat coconut milk
- maple syrup
- coconut sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
- optional toppings: coconut cream, pumpkin spice whipped topping and pecan pieces
For a paleo-friendly version, you can top these pumpkin bars with the new dairy-free coconut whipped topping from Trader Joe’s or if that doesn’t matter to you, Whole Foods has a great pumpkin spice whipped topping that I like topping them with too! Pecan pieces give them that pumpkin pie look and feel but feel free to use any other nut you prefer, or pumpkin seeds!Print
An alternative name for these bars might be “little piece of pumpkin pie heaven”. Sweetened naturally and full of pumpkin-y goodness, you won’t be able to get enough!
For the shortbread crust:
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- couple pinches of sea salt
For the pumpkin pie filling:
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the ingredients for the shortbread crust together in a bowl.
- Add the mixture to a 8X8 square baking pan with parchment paper and press it into the corners to make an even layer.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a small bowl and pour the filling into the prepared crust and smooth over with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the middle of the oven, until the filling it not jiggly. It will look exactly like pumpkin pie!
- Let cool and cut into approximately nine pieces.
- Top with pumpkin spiced whipped cream or coconut cream, and pecan pieces if desired. Store covered in the fridge for up to a week.
Fall in Love With These Pumpkin Recipes Too
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Blondies
- Pumpkin Superfood Energy Bites
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Balls
- Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter
- Paleo Blueberry Shortbread Bars (for a summer take on this recipe!)
Pin this recipe for later!