Packed with protein, whole grains, pumpkin and pumpkin spice, these pumpkin protein waffles are fluffy and delicious! Look no further for your new favorite pumpkin recipe to make for brunch in the fall!
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 serving NOW® Sports pumpkin seed protein powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 drops NOW Real Food®Pumpkin Spice Liquid Monk Fruit
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- ½ apple thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp. pecan pieces
- Preheat waffle iron. Add dry ingredients including pumpkin seed protein powder to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl add pumpkin puree, almond milk, egg monk fruit pumpkin spice liquid, and vanilla extract.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and cook according to waffle iron directions (about 3-4 minutes).
- Once the waffles are done cooking, saute the thinly sliced apples on a pan with coconut oil and cinnamon until soft.
- Serve waffles with apple slices, pumpkin seeds, pecans and a touch of maple syrup.
Thee waffles also freeze well!
Keywords: pumpkin protein waffles