- Pumpkin honey ricotta:
1 16 oz. container of whole-milk or part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. honey + extra for drizzling on top
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. salt
Pumpkin ricotta toasts:
- Pumpkin honey ricotta
- 4 slices of sourdough
- 1 ½ cup cubed butternut squash
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- small bunch of fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and place cubed ricotta on a baking sheet. Roast with a splash of olive oil and salt for 15 minutes until tender.
- To make the pumpkin honey ricotta, use a cheesecloth to gently remove excess liquid from the ricotta cheese.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the ricotta cheese, pumpkin puree, honey, lemon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Pulse for 25-30 seconds max until mixture is completely combined and smooth.** Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan lightly toast the pumpkin seeds and pine nuts. Once they become fragrant and slightly golden they are done. Remove from pan and set side.
- Next, add olive oil to the pan and toast the sage until dark green and crispy, careful not to burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Finally add the roasted butternut squash to the pan and saute until the edges are toasted on one side.
To assemble the toasts, toast sourdough slices in a toaster or cast iron pan and top with 2-3 tbsp. pumpkin honey ricotta, toasted butternut squash, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts and crispy sage. Drizzle with additional honey and enjoy!
**Because we want the texture of the ricotta to be really smooth and whipped like it’s important not to over process the mixture once you’ve combined everything into a food processor. Just a couple of pulses will do the trick!
Pumpkin honey ricotta can be kept covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: pumpkin ricotta toast; pumpkin toast; squash toast