Pumpkin shakshuka is the perfect fall savory brunch dish to make on a cozy fall morning! It’s packed with fall flavor and easy to make in one skillet.
- 3–4 eggs
- 3/4 of a jar of pumpkin pasta sauce of your choice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup cauliflower gnocchi
- 1/2 cup frozen butternut squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes*
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- fresh sage and micro greens or other herbs for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium sauté pan add olive oil and garlic. over medium low heat until fragrant.
- Stir in pasta sauce, pumpkin puree, butternut squash, cauliflower gnocchi, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- Cook until butternut squash is no longer frozen, but not soggy or too soft.
- Remove from heat and transfer to an oven safe skillet.
- Make 3-4 little divots in the sauce mixture for the eggs. Crack the eggs directly into the sauce in the skillet. Add a couple of more gnocchi on top.
- Bake for approximately 12-18 minutes until the eggs have set.
- Remove from oven and top with parmesan cheese, sage and micro greens.
- Pair with bread of choice or eat as is and enjoy!
* feel free to omit the spicy spices if you prefer!