Pumpkin shakshuka is the perfect fall savory brunch dish to make on a cozy fall morning! It’s packed with fall flavor and easy to make in one skillet.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-oz can whole peeled san marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika (can sub regular paprika)
- 1/2 –1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes*
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3–4 eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- In a medium sauté pan with a lid add olive oil and garlic and sauté over medium low heat until fragrant.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes, pumpkin puree and spices and let simmer for about 10 minutes until slightly thickened. Break up any large tomato pieces with your spoon.
- Use a wooden spoon to make a little well in the mixture. Crack one egg at a time into a small bowl and pour each one into it’s well.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook for about 7-10 minutes depending on your preferred doneness of the eggs. Shorter cooking will yield softer, poached eggs.
- Once the eggs have set, remove from heat and top with feta cheese, and chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately with toasted sourdough bread and enjoy!
*depending on how spicy you like it you can add more or less.
Keywords: pumpkin shakshuka