Pumpkin s’mores cookies are a delicious twist on a pumpkin cookie! Made gluten free, with vegan marshmallows and dairy free chocolate chips in every bite.
As I continue my journey to infuse pumpkin into literally anything and everything, I’m excited to share the perfect pumpkin cookie for summer, pumpkin s’mores cookies!
You don’t need a fire pit and skewers to make these, just a few simple ingredients and pumpkin and pumpkin spice. S’mores are such a summer staple, and pumpkin such a fall one, so I though combining the two made for the perfect summer or fall treat!
These pumpkin cookies are thin and crispy with gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate chips in every bite! The recipe is super easy to make, gluten free and a little lower in sugar than a typical cookie recipe. Made with almond flour and just a couple other simple ingredients, you’ll love how easy they are to make.
In my book, pumpkin is a year round food and If you’re reading this post right now I’m betting you like it that much too! I’m really excited because in just over a month, my first cookbook, The Great Big Pumpkin Cookbook is hitting store shelves! From pumpkin pancakes to pumpkin dog treats, everything is covered in the book with plenty of dairy free, gluten free and paleo options as well!
pumpkin cookies with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips
Thin, chewy and delicious, these cookies have an awesome taste and texture! Usually to get a really nice thin and crispy cookie you need to refrigerate the dough. Not with these! These cookies are made with almond flour and almond butter which contribute to their thin and crispy texture. I also found that vegan mini marshmallows work the best in the recipe. Regular marshmallows will melt into the cookie batter while cooking. They will still taste good, however will not look exactly like these do!
After they’re a day old, I recommend heating them up in the microwave for a couple of seconds to get the marshmallows and chocolate chips inside each bite all warm and gooey again!
ingredients for gluten & dairy free pumpkin s’mores cookies
- creamy unsweetened & unsalted almond butter– I love this one from Target. Make sure it’s a very drippy, creamy consistency
- pumpkin puree – I always have a can of LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- almond flour
- light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- vanilla extract
- mini marshmallows – I used this vegan brand of mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips or chunks (I love this brand for baking)
- baking soda
equipment / utensils
- baking sheet
- cookie scoop
- mixing bowls
how to make pumpkin s’mores cookies
Making these delicious cookies is easy! You don’t need any fancy equipment. You’ll simply mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together to make the cookie batter.
For adding the marshmallowsPrint
Pumpkin s’mores cookies are made gluten free and with simple ingredients and delicious! Gooey, melted marshmallow and chocolate fill every bite along with the hints of pumpkin and pumpkin spice!
- 1/2 cup creamy unsweetened almond butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup vegan mini marshmallows**
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with a wooden spoon mix together almond butter, brown/coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla and egg until well combined. In a separate bowl whisk together almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir together until all mixed together. Fold in the chocolate chips
- Place 2-3 marshmallows into your cookie scoop and then scoop up the cookie batter. You want them to out on the top of the batter but still mixed in with the cookie dough. Portion out onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips or chunks on each cookie if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
** I recommend using vegan marshmallows for the recipe because they don’t melt into the cookie batter like regular marshmallows will. If using regular mini marshmallows please note they may melt into the cookie while they bake.
Keywords: pumpkin s’mores cookies; s’mores cookies
more pumpkin cookie recipes you’re sure to love
- pumpkin s’mores cookie bars
- soft pumpkin oatmeal cookies with maple icing
- vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (V)
- pumpkin bread cookies
- pillowy pumpkin cookies with dairy free pumpkin cream cheese (DF)
- fluffy pumpkin white chocolate chip cookies (DF)
pin this recipe for later