Pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies are soft in the middle with crispy edges and spiced just right with pumpkin and pumpkin spice! They are everything you want in a pumpkin cookie and more!
Dusted with extra pumpkin spice, these pumpkin spice snickerdoodle cookies are as delicious as they are beautiful to look at on the plate.
Rob and I had been talking about how good a snickerdoodle cookie with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice would be all fall long, so one night we got to work on these perfectly fluffy, soft and pillowy pumpkin snickerdoodles!
There are so many different types of pumpkin cookies, but dare I say these are one of my favorites! They’re chewy and soft in the middle with crispy edges with that nice spiced flavor that we love about the fall. Perfect if you’re looking for something to bake during the weekend in the fall!
These pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies would be perfect for bringing to a tailgate, pumpkin party and even make a great Christmas time cookie too. Who says pumpkin has to stop after Thanksgiving?! Not me (as you can tell from my Instagram!)!
Made with simple ingredients, I swapped coconut sugar in this recipe instead of cane sugar. Wondering if cane sugar is more nutritious than regular sugar? Check out this article about coconut sugar that explains it all. At the end of the day they’re both sugars!
Of course if you have regular sugar and don’t feel like going out and getting coconut sugar, it will definitely work in this recipe. As a dietitian I do advocate for a low sugar diet as much as possible , however I also believe in having a cookie when you want one versus depriving yourself and of course, enjoying the flavors of the season.
Plus, anything you add pumpkin to, whether it’s sweet recipe or savory, adds more vitamin A, C, E, potassium and fiber. Amazing fall flavor, and nutrition — that’s another reason why I love this fall superfood!
ingredients for pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies
- all-purpose flour
- pumpkin puree
- coconut sugar — you can use regular cane sugar as well
- brown sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- cream of tartar
- egg yolk
- vanilla extract
- electric mixer
- baking sheet
- cookie scoop
Pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies are a fun fall treat wrapped into one delicious pumpkin cookie! Adding pumpkin and pumpkin spice is a twist on the classic snickerdoodle cookies that you will love.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can use regular cane sugar as well)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
For the pumpkin spice sugar coating:
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, coconut sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla extract, then mix the pumpkin puree, stopping to scrap down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Mix the pumpkin pie spice and sugar together in a small bowl
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and portion out using a cookie scoop. Roll each cookie in the pumpkin spice sugar mixture and place on a baking sheet. They won’t spread a ton so you don’t have to put them super far away from each other.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until the cookies are set. Let cool. Repeat with any leftover dough. Store cookies in an airtight container on the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies; pumpkin spice snickerdoodle cookies
more pumpkin recipes you’re sure to fall in love with
- Pumpkin Superfood Energy Bites
- Gluten and Dairy Free Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Oat Cookies
- Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies
Love everything and anything pumpkin like I do?! Keep up with all things pumpkin this fall with me on Instagram and be sure to check out my new pumpkin cookbook, The Great Big Pumpkin Cookbook available now on Amazon and Target.com with over 50 pumpkin recipes, including gluten free, dairy free, and paleo friendly recipes!
Pin this snickerdoodle cookie recipe for later!