Pumpkin spice almond butter is perfect on top of literally anything in the fall! Almond butter is easy to make at home and this pumpkin version is perfect for the season!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1–2 dates, soaked in warm water with the pits removed (omit if you prefer unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice + more for sprinkling on top
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- splash of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
1. Combine all of the ingredients except for the coconut oil, and dates in a food processor. Pulse on high. It will take a few minutes for the almonds to start to turn into a creamy consistency.
2. Add the coconut oil in 1 tbsp at a time, and the dates and continue pulsing. ( I had the pulse setting going and did other things in my kitchen in the meantime!) It will roughly take about 5 minutes to get the right consistency, and for the dates to be incorporated.
3. Once it look spreadable, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge or on your counter for up to a week. Sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice on top of it as you use it!