Sip this pumpkin spice oat milk latte all fall long and enjoy a no sugar added, dairy free version of our favorite autumn drink!
There’s truly nothing I love more than a pumpkin spice coffee when the fall starts (or, let’s be real in the middle of August!). Coffee shop versions are often packed with calories and sugar, and that just will not do as a drink to start the day with.
A grande pumpkin spice latte with whipped cream at Starbucks has 50 grams of sugar! It is recommended that women only have 25 grams of less in a DAY.
So I say, it’s time to rethink our favorite fall drink!
My recipe has NO ADDED SUGAR but still tastes delicious and will give you all the fall feels! Oat milk is made from oat and has a super silky soft and smooth texture that adds creaminess to anything you put it into.
I’m currently loving this Califia Farms Oat Barista Blend, and it’s the one I recommend using in this vegan latte recipe! I don’t feel like I need to add any sugar to it because the creamy texture makes it taste really rich like a “traditional” PSL would! Using almond milk is good too but doesn’t give it the same creaminess!
Using plant-based milks like oat milk in place of dairy milk is good vegan alternative and a great for anyone who simply prefer non-dairy milk in their coffee! I can’t wait to hear what you think of this homemade latte recipe!
How to Order a Healthy PSL at Coffee Shops
- Ask for 1 pump pumpkin instead of the usual. There are three pumps of syrup in a grande and that just makes it super sweet!
- Ask for no whipped cream. Whipped cream definitely has it’s place. On my dessert! I skip it on coffee and always ask for no whip.
- Add 1/2 or 1 pump of pumpkin spice syrup to a cold brew coffee.
- Add 1/2 or 1 pump of pumpkin spice syrup to an americano.
So how do I order a pumpkin coffee when I’m at Starbucks or Dunkin’? I’ll get a PSL with 1 pump pumpkin, almond milk, a pumpkin americano (see above) or a pumpkin cold brew! This way I can still enjoy the taste of pumpkin with way less sugar!Print
Silky smooth and oh so pumkin-y! This pumpkin spice oat milk latte is lower in sugar than your average latte, dairy free, and delicious.
- 8 oz. black coffee or nespresso black coffee
- 3 tbsp. oat milk
- 2 tsp. pumpkin puree
- sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
1. In a blender combine the coffee oat milk (you can froth it beforehand or not) and pumpkin puree. Blend on high until frothy.
2. Pour into your favorite fall mug, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and enjoy!
If you’re a fan of this recipe, I know you will love this recipes too!
- better than starbucks pumpkin bread
- gluten free pumpkin chickpea blondies
- no bake pumpkin cookie dough balls
- pumpkin peanut butter dog treats
- gluten free pumpkin banana bread
More pumpkin decor and kitchen items I’m loving for fall 2019
pin this latte recipe for later!