These pumpkin spice snickerdoodles will quickly become your favorite fall cookies! They are soft, and chewy, and filled with pumpkin and pumpkin spice!
Dusted with simmering pumpkin spice, these pumpkin spice snickerdoodles are as delicious as they are beautiful to look at on the plate.
Rob and I had been talking about how good a snickerdoodle cookie with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice would be all fall long, so one night we got to work on these perfectly fluffy, soft and pillowy pumpkin spice snickerdoodles!
Coated in coconut sugar and pumpkin pie spice, they’re chewy and soft and give you that nice dose of pumpkin flavor that we’re all looking for in the fall!
They would be perfect for bringing to a tailgate, pumpkin party and even make a great Christmas time cookie too. Who says pumpkin has to stop after Thanksgiving?!
Made with many of your typical baking ingredients, I used coconut sugar instead of cane sugar. Wondering if cane sugar is more nutritious than regular sugar? Check out this article about coconut sugar that explains it all. At the end of the day they’re both sugars!
Of course if you have regular sugar and don’t feel like going out and getting coconut sugar, that’s totally fine. As a dietitian I do advocate for a low sugar diet, however I also believe in having a cookie when you want one versus depriving yourself!
Plus, anything you add pumpkin to, whether that’s a sweet recipe or savory one, you’ll be reaping the benefits of vitamin A, C, E, potassium and fiber. That’s another reason why I love this fall superfood!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
- all-purpose flour
- pumpkin puree
- coconut sugar — you can definitely use regular cane sugar as well
- brown sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- cream of tartar
- egg yolk
- vanilla extract
Pumpkin snickerdoodles are a fun fall treat wrapped into one delicious pumpkin cookie! Adding pumpkin is a twist on the classic pumpkin snickerdoodle that you will love!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can use regular cane sugar as well)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
For the pumpkin spice sugar coating:
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, coconut sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla extract, then mix the pumpkin puree, stopping to scrap down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Mix the pumpkin pie spice + sugar together in a small bowl
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and portion out using a cookie scoop. Roll each cookie in the pumpkin spice sugar mixture and place on a baking sheet. They won’t spread a ton so you don’t have to put them super far away from each other.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until the cookies are set. Let cool. Repeat with any leftover dough. Store cookies in an airtight container on the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies
Fall in Love With These Pumpkin Recipes Too
- Pumpkin Superfood Energy Bites
- Gluten and Dairy Free Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Oat Cookies
- Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies
Pin this snickerdoodle cookie recipe for later!